Over the last several days Obama and the progressive (Marxist) congressional leaders seem to be quieting down their rhetoric regarding a “clean” CR (continuing resolution). While it is still mentioned as a tool to beat the GOP controlled House with, the passion seems to have died down quite a bit. Now the focus seems to be on raising the debt ceiling in a couple of weeks. The CR has become old news.
Do you wonder why?
Suppose that he takes the advise of Democrat James Clyburn and Bill Clinton and bypasses Congress and unilaterally raise the debt ceiling? What if he were to take the advise of Representative Shelia Jackson Lee (D) and conduct himself as a dictator, ignoring Congress?
Could Obama seriously consider listening to Nancy Pelosi, who said last December that Obama should be given dictatorial power to raise the debt ceiling to infinity?
In a word…yes. Congress has demonstrated a willingness to be ignored.
Obama looks at Congress and sees a feckless group of cowards that are afraid to challenge him. He has ignored the law before, ignored the Constitution, ignored the Bill of Rights, and there have been no consequences. He assumes, with some justification, the same would happen again. Why wouldn’t he?
- He sells guns to drug cartels in Operation Fast and Furious. Congress talks, does nothing.
- His IRS targets political enemies, as Nixon only talked about doing yet was impeached for. Congress talks, does nothing.
- Under his administration the NSA spies on United States citizens without suspicion or probable cause. Congress talks, does nothing.
- His State Department under the direction of Hillary Clinton covers up the murder of a US ambassador in Benghazi, Libya. Congress talks, does nothing.
- He uses the power of the executive order to unconstitutionally rewrite, not interpret, the Affordable Care Act, giving preferred groups exemptions in direct contradiction of black letter law that specifically says the ACA must apply equally to everyone. Congress talks, does nothing.
Why wouldn’t Obama believe he could pull a coup d’etat?
He only sees two roadblocks to a coup, and has every reason to believe those will not happen:
- Congress can grow a pair and enforce the separation of powers and the Constitution. Not likely with the mixed bag of big government Rinos, progressives, Marxists, and cowards that currently make up 90% of Congress.
- States can grow a pair and tell Washington to go to hell, giving more than lip service to states’ rights and the 10th Amendment. Again, not likely, for the same reasons listed above.
The third roadblock.
There is a third roadblock to Obama, a roadblock that he either doesn’t see or that he sees and doesn’t believe is possible. We The People.
I’m not talking about the people as in constituent letters and phone calls. I’m not talking about the people as in town hall style meetings.
I’m talking about the people as in a revolt, and not a pretty one. Not civil disobedience…it does no good against a Marxist who doesn’t flinch at the thought of blood in the streets as Obama is…but a full blown revolt, a second American Revolution, like we are used to seeing on television from Egypt, Libya, and Greece.
Obama believes in a fourth option, one that will make his plans possible.
Obama believes the public has become too soft for the third roadblock. He believes we will accept being made sheep, being made slaves. I think he is wrong.
I also think we’ll find out soon…very soon.