Arguments over a minimum wage and a “living wage” are cyclical, and we are seeing them on the rise since The Great Divider”, Barack Obama, was elected. His message of racial and economic divisiveness has given a foundation for the race whores like Al Sharpton and the pro-labor union folks to use to shout their heresy, including the call for a so-called “living wage” of $15.00/hr as a minimum wage.
As usual, their favorite targets are McDondalds and Wal Mart.
Here is what happens when you force Wal Mart to pay a minimum wage of $15.00 an hour.
- Wal Mart employees about 2,000,000 people worldwide or 1,500,000 in the United States.
- That is about 1% of the country’s entire workforce.
- The average Wal Mart employee makes $8.81 an hour.
- A forced $15.00 per hour wage would be a raise of $6.19 per hour for the average employee.
- $6.19 per hour raise for 1.5 million people is a raise of $9,285.00 per hour for the company.
- …or $74,428.00 per 8 hour work day…
- …or $26,963,400 (that’s 26 BILLION…) per year.
- Wal Mart’s profit last year was $16,800,800.00.
- A $15.00 per hour “living wage” would cause a loss of about TEN BILLION DOLLARS.
- Wal Mart would go out of business, and…
Unemployment rolls would go up by 1.5 million people nationwide, raising the unemployment rate by about 2.5%.